BOAT RULES (Texas Parks and Wildlife rules must followed at all times)
BSL Police Department: http://www.lubbockwcid1police.com/
1. 13 years and below must wear US Coast Guard approved life vest.
2. Counter clock wise travel on both sides of the lake (stay to the right)
3. No one under the age of 18 can ride in a boat while being towed by a motor vehicle.
4. All boats are subject to safety checks while at the lake.
5. West end of the lake is a No Wake zone.
6. Canoes, row boats, paddle boats, and kayaks, only allowed on the slow end (west end) of the lake.
Jet Ski Rules
** Counter Clock Wise Rule: Counter clock wise travel on both sides of the lake (stay to the right)
1. Anyone on a jet ski shall wear a life vest. No exceptions.
2. 50 Feet Rule: Jet ski must stay 50 feet away from any other boats or other jet skis and the shoreline at ALL Times while on the water.
3. Must be at least 16 years or older to operate a jet ski by yourself.
4. If the operator is under 16 years old they must be accompanied by a person at least 18 years of age.
5. If the operator is 13 years of age they must have completed the boat safety course prescribed and approved by the Texas Department of Game and Fish.
6. Jet Ski must be off the water 30 minutes prior to sunset.
• Buffalo Springs Lake is stocked by Texas Parks and Wildlife. We will keep you updated as the lake is stocked.
• Anyone 17 years or older must have a valid fishing license. Prices on Texas Parks and Wildlife website.
• Fishing license can be purchased at Lakeside Grocery (Phone: 806.749.0660) right out side the lake or any sport good store.
• Species of fish caught at the lake: Crappie, Bass, Striper, Catfish, Carp
• Fishing allowed in all open areas of shoreline on the lake, with the exception of the bridge (Marina)