GOLF CART RULES
1. A Golf Cart must have the following equipment
d. Parking Break
2. A Golf Cart may only be operated within the bounds of Buffalo Springs Lake, taking a Golf Cart outside the boundaries of the lake will subject the operator to all standard traffic laws.
ATV Rules (Note: ATV Riding Hours – Sunup to Sundown, No Night Riding)
1. An ATV (all terrain vehicle) is defined as a vehicle propelled with three or four tires in contact with the ground, designed for off-highway use by operator only (no passengers), and not designated for farming or lawn care.
2. Comply with all Texas ATV laws.
3. Complete the required ATV training course.
4. Wear safety gear. A properly fastened helmet and eye protection are required year round. Whether you are riding for pleasure, camping, playing in the sand dunes, or riding in the forest, you must wear safety gear at all times
5. Pay attention to where you are riding
6. ATV operators under the age of 14 MUST be under the DIRECT SUPERVISION of a parent or guardian.
7. Children 6+ may use under 70cc engines, 12+ may use 70-90cc engines, and 16+ may use engines over 90cc
8. ATV users must stay above the cliffs and east of Campground “A”, or at the trails on the Northwest end of the dam.
9. ATVs are not allowed on bridges, bar ditches, thoroughfares, shoulders of roads, public highways, or the grassy areas surrounding highways.
10. When taking your ATV across a public street, road, or highway that is not an interstate or limited access highway, you must stop the ATV completely, yield the right of way, cross with headlight and taillight on, and go quickly and safely at a 90 degree angle.
11. All ATVs and motor vehicles are required to have a Texas Off-Highway Decal (OHV). For more information about OHV call TPWD Customer Service Center at 512-389-8998 or visit www.tpwd.state.tx.us/ohv