BOATING & WATERSPORTS
Have some fun in the Texas sun and cool off at Buffalo Springs Lake with the whole family.
Buffalo Springs Lake is a spring-fed lake and was cut in the plains by the North Fork of the Double Mountain River. There is a dam and spillway at the East end of the lake.
The Texas Twister at the Marina will rent pontoon boats, jet skis, kayaks and stand up paddle-boards.
Boating and Jet Ski Rules
1. Texas Parks and Wildlife rules must be followed at all times.
2. Canoes, row boats, paddle boats, and kayaks are only allowed on the slow end (west end) of the lake.
3. West end of the lake is a no wake zone.
4. Counterclockwise travel on both sides of the lake (stay to the right).
5. 13 years and younger must wear US Coast Guard approved life vest.
6. All boats are subject to safety checks at any time while at the lake.
7. No persons under the age of 18 can ride in a boat while it is being towed by a motor vehicle.
8. If the jet ski operator is 13 years of age they must have completed the boat safety course prescribed and approved by the Texas Department of Game and Fish.
9. Must be at least 16 years or older to operate a jet ski by yourself.
10. If the operator of jet ski is under 16 years old they must be accompanied by someone at least 18 years of age.
11. 50 Feet Rule: jet skis must stay 50 feet away from the shoreline, any other boats and/or other jet skis and the shoreline at all times while on the water.
12. Jet ski must be off the water 30 minutes prior to sunset.
13. Anyone on a jet ski will wear a life vest. No exceptions.
14. No glass containers allowed at any time on Buffalo Springs Lake property.